In the United States, a person dies by suicide nearly every 14 minutes, with an attempt made nearly every minute. Close to 1 million will attempt suicide this year.
In 2019, nearly 1,300 Colorado lives were lost to suicide. Imagine if those deaths had been prevented. A parent would still have their child. A spouse still would still have their husband or wife. A friend would still have their friend. The loss of a loved one to suicide is painful, as is the anguish experienced by someone contemplating ending their life.
There is help available, but we need YOUR help to ensure that everyone in Western Colorado who is having suicidal thoughts receives the immediate help and care they need.
Through the Pedal for Prevention event, we aim to not only raise awareness of suicide prevention through open dialogue and communication, but to raise necessary funds to continue life-saving programs through Mind Springs Health and West Springs Hospital.
Ready to join Pedal for Prevention? Here’s what’s next!
- Register for the ride (or walk, run, swim, hike – whatever you feel like doing the weekend of September 26-27). Register by September 14 to receive a t-shirt! Your gift supports life-saving suicide prevention and mental health programs in Western Colorado. We ask that participants select the registration fee that is most comfortable for them:
- Pedal for Prevention Participant: $25
- Pedal for Prevention Rising Star: $50
- Pedal for Prevention Super Star: $100
- Pedal for Prevention Difference Maker: Your personal donation amount!
- After you register for the event, you’ll receive instructions on setting up an account with our registration partner. By setting up an account, you’ll be able to share a personal fundraising page with family and friends who may not be participating in the event, but may want make a donation on your behalf. Fundraising is optional for this event, but greatly appreciated!
- On the day of the event, simply ride your bike, hike your favorite mountain, run your favorite trail – whatever activity you’d like to do! Do it alone or do it with a group – it’s entirely up to you. Take pictures or videos and share them on our Facebook event page and let us know why this event is important to you.
Questions about the event?
Shiara Hickey Caubarreaux at firstname.lastname@example.org