New to Fundraising?
It may feel intimidating at first, but when you’re passionate about your cause – you can do amazing things!
Show donors how it is done
- Make the first donation, so your friends and family can see how strongly you believe in suicide prevention.
Engage in open dialogue
- Be ready and willing to talk about suicide
Share your story
- How has suicide impacted your life? Have you lost a loved one to suicide? Share your story and tell people why you are raising money. Send personal emails and notes whenever possible. Always send a thank you note to those donating on your behalf.
- Customize your email signature by adding a direct link to your personal Pedal for Prevention fundraising page. If your company has a place to share news, such as a newsletter, blog, or internal website, ask to be featured.
- Post about your fundraising efforts on social media.
Rally company support
- Ask your employer if they will match the money you have raised.
- Just ask the question, “Will you donate to a suicide prevention event and help save a life?”